Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Best is Yet to Come - Hinder





♫My first make-out session
I learned my first lesson
While trying to get to the next base
When i slipped past her waist
She smacked my hand away
Then i got a slap in the face

If i could go back in time
Wouldn't change a damn thing in my life
Love the dumb things we do when we're young

But the best is yet to come

My first drinking lesson
I followed all my friends
Stole liquor went down to the lake
Weed mixed with whiskey
Hell i got so dizzy it was more than my stomach could take

If i could go back in time
Wouldn't change a damn thing in my life
Love the dumb things we do when we're young

But the best is yet to come

Go for it
Run toward it
Dive in head first
Live life with no regret
Put your heart out there
Don't be scared you might get hurt
But it's all worth it in the end

Because the best is yet to come

My last high school lesson
Scared of graduation
Tipped a few back and showed up too late
Well my mom got mad hell my dad he just laughed
And said, son i have done the same thing.

Just go for it
run toward it
dive in head first
live life with no regrets
put your heart out there
don't be scared you might get hurt, but its all worth it in the end.
it'll all work out in the end
because the best is yet to come
the best is yet to come

the best is yet to come.♫


5 comments:

  1. I love the words to this song. If only we *could* go back in time...but then again, I guess it's good that we can't. Yes, the best IS yet to come. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the words to this. Many of m y friends truly live with no regrets. I wanna get that mind space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love the chorus most. Dive in head first, as we should every day. Remember, Marion, how we talked once about living on the edges of things. Sometimes the edge can be the most HERE of places, sometimes it's just the fringe and we toe the water. Dive! Dive! Reminds me of this song.

    ♫The long awaited rains
    Have fallen hard upon the thirst ground
    And carved their way to where
    The wild and rushing river can be found
    And like the rains
    I have been carried here to where the river flows, yeah
    My heart is racihng and my knee are weak
    As I walk to the edge
    I know there is not turning back
    Once my feet have left the ledge
    And in the rush I hear a voice
    That’s telling me it’s time
    to take the leap of faith
    So here I go

    I’m diving in, I’m going deep in over
    my head, I want to be
    Cought in the rush, lost in the flow,
    in over my head, I want to go
    The river’s deep, the river’s wide,
    the river’s water is alive
    So sink or swim, I’m diving in

    There is a supernatural power
    In this might river’s flow
    It can bring the dead to life
    And it can fill an empty soul
    And give a heart the only thing
    Worth living and worth dying for, yeah
    But we will never know the awesome power
    Of the grace of God
    Until we let ourselves get swept away
    Into this holy flood
    So if you’ll take my hand
    We’ll close our eyes and count to three
    And take the leap of faith
    Come on let’s go♫

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't know tjat could but there is one thing I would change, only one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great song, Annie!

    You're right, we are edge people. Most folks are in the safe middle, but us poets like to tip-toe over to the edge, holding on with only our bare toes, leaning over as far as we can without falling (although some fall) and gazing into the abyss. Here's my favorite poem about the edge by Christopher Logue:

    Come to the Edge

    Come to the edge.
    We might fall.
    Come to the edge.
    It's too high!
    COME TO THE EDGE!
    And they came,
    and we pushed,
    And they flew.

    ReplyDelete

Your ♫notes♫ are appreciated...