Monday, March 28, 2011

Bernhoft - Cmon Talk



(This video is a live recording of Norwegian singer Jarle Bernhoft, former lead singer of the Norwegian rockers, SPAN. For this recording, he’s on his own, only accompanied by his loop-machine. No lyrics were available on-line, so I tried my best to interpret, but some of the words I came up with don't make all that much sense. I am amazed that he can multi-task like this...creating loops and then inserting them them with the foot pedals.)


♫C'mon C'mon talk to me
I'm gonna try my utmost to be honest with you
every single word
C'mon C'mon talk to me
I'm gonna try my utmost to be rythmical
try to...

I've been thinking a lot to the end
of our family affair
things that went wrong in a matter of speaking.
Should've been more forthcoming
about the things I need to say
but you seem to be talkin to someone else.

Now you got me feeling so sorry
for something I didn't do
You got me crawlin' around in the gutter
when I shoulda been making love to you.
So let's all smooth it over, cover your ears real tight
and talk to me, to be telling the black from the white.

So what matters most in the end
is beyond our limited reach
how to unfold all the mysteries
take a different kind of species to handle the weight
of all of your cows put into words

Now you got me feelin' so stupid
when I couldn't understand
you got me reeling 'round in circles
incomprehensible demands

C'mon C'mon talk to me.♫
.
.
.
.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting and I command you on the grasp of his language...not obvious at all...Very impressive Honourable MP

    ReplyDelete
  2. " to be telling the black from the white " ... it's been well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, blogger ate my first post that had the timecodes. I had a long comment, all gone.

    In summary:
    Nice example of what can be done with sampling and looping.... Thanks for sharing. You may like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjEbO2HvBuM
    Different vibe and illustrative of what can be done with multi-track recording instead of looping and sampling (and a bit of video trickery=.

    I heard some bits of the song differently:

    "things that went wrong in a *manner* of speaking"

    "about the things I *needed* to say"

    "You got me crawlin' *down a* gutter
    when I shoulda been *busy* making love to you."

    "*is it up to me to be* telling the black from the white?"

    "What matter most in the end is beyond our *fitful* (fateful?) reach"

    "*Hard* to unfold all the mysteries"

    "I'm unable to handle the weight of all your *doubts put in new* words"
    --
    I do a lot of transcription at work so I get more practice at it than I 'd like. : p

    ReplyDelete

Your ♫notes♫ are appreciated...