Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Say Goodbye - Katharine McPhee





♫If I seem distant, baby I am
Words are like scissors, in (my) hands
And there's no script to follow, so I just close my eyes
That way it won't hurt so much, when we say goodbye

I feel just like an actress, up on the stage
I can't believe, what I'm hearing myself say
And a porch light is my spotlight, so I play along with this lie
That way it won't hurt so much, when we say goodbye

Did you ever love me? Does it even matter?
Did you even notice, the whole word shatter?
I just want to hold you, and tell you that I'm sorry
But I just keep it all inside
That way it won't hurt so much, when we say goodbye

My heart feels like a circus
It's too much to take in
It's hard to lose a love
But you were my best friend

So walk this high wire, alone tonight
That way it won't hurt so much, when we say goodbye♫

3 comments:

  1. This is THE saddest song I've ever heard...sniff, sniff. I love you, my Annie. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second saddest for me. Christmas Shoes still tops the list. But still, a great pick, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely BLOWN AWAY! o_O

    ReplyDelete

Your ♫notes♫ are appreciated...